• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

LAKESHORE RECORDS PRESENTS
    FROM INSIDE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Gary Numan & Ade Fenton

(September 19, 2014– Los Angeles, CA) – Lakeshore Records will release the FROM INSIDE – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally and on CD on October 7th, and will release the FROM INSIDE: GARY NUMAN SPECIAL EDITION on DVD on October 21, 2014. The album features original music by Gary Numan & Ade Fenton.

FROM INSIDE was Numan’s first solo foray into writing for film. He explained, “With an album of rock songs you work in a verse / chorus type of format, with film you have no such limits. Although I'm very new to film composing to me it was a very welcome change, it was surprisingly liberating as a writer to not be tied to the 'song' approach to making music.”

The British-born Numan first reached prominence as a member of Tubeway Army and later as a solo artist during the British New Wave movement of the 1980s. Widely credited as one of the founding fathers of ‘synth-pop’, Numan has been a lasting hero of electronic musicians for several decades, releasing over 35 albums and constantly touring since first breaking onto the scene.

“I’m a long time fan of Gary’s work. It was an absolute honor to have him score my film,” said writer/director John Bergin. “I have always enjoyed how he works outside traditional song structures. His music, while accessible, has always been a little experimental. He approaches songwriting from a very emotional direction - he employs symbolism, yet always makes it feel personal. Those two elements combined - the unusual and the emotional - are perfect for FROM INSIDE.”

Based on the epic graphic novel by John Bergin, FROM INSIDE is the story of Cee, a young pregnant woman who finds herself on a damaged train slowly transcribing its way across a bleak post-apocalyptic landscape. Flood, war, starvation and a plague of death threaten the train’s passengers. Cee struggles through these dangers while coping with the memory of her lost husband and the imminent birth of her child.

“I think the opening sequence, and Cee's opening narration, set up the entire film beautifully,” said Numan. “To establish the relentless power and motion of the train, the desolate landscape, the tragedy of what had happened, the music needed to be just right. It seemed to me that to get that right was going to be a big challenge.”

“FROM INSIDE is reserved and dark. If the story itself had a sound it would be a quiet one-note drone,” said Bergin. “Gary’s music brought life and dynamics to the film that it was sorely missing. The film is a much better experience with his music. I couldn’t be more happy with the score.”

Lakeshore Records presents FROM INSIDE: GARY NUMAN SPECIAL EDITION available digitally and on DVD October 21, 2014. The FROM INSIDE – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack will be available digitally and on CD October 7, 2014.

###
    http://www.numan.co.uk
    http://www.lakeshore-records.com/

For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com, or @cinemediapromo on Twitter
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2014
    Gary Numan?! The old New Waver? Is this his first film score, I wonder?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Gary Numan?! The old New Waver? Is this his first film score, I wonder?

I bought his first single, Are Friends Electric ( as Tubeway Army ), at that time there was nothing like it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't heard any of his stuff post 80's. How about you Thor?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I haven't heard any of his stuff post 80's. How about you Thor?

No, me neither. He was an 'odd ball', though. I wonder if he's changed over the years, musically?
    I am extremely serious.