• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014 edited
    Director of Sin City 2 (And the first film of course) and he provided the updated, more on the same 2014 version of the score for the sequel co-composed with composer Carl Thiel (anyone heard of him before?) who wrote all the noisier underscore. It's very similar in tone (and the walking bass line is back as well as the muted brass clusters, dirty sax and loud brass overall, guitars and characteristic string lines) to the first score and the main theme returns one again, but perhaps a grittier and certainly noisier 2014 version of it. Have you heard it?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014
    Nope.

But I'm always fascinated by directors who do their own music, even if they always do it in collaboration with someone else, like Rodriguez.

I liked the first SIN CITY, and am curious about the sequel.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2014
    Sin city 1 was something very new when it came out. Fresh and left quite an impact, and a style to be followed then. The trailer for the sequel looks like a cheap knock-off and the music might also suggest as that. Hope I am proven wrong.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Demetris wrote
    Sin city 1 was something very new when it came out. Fresh and left quite an impact, and a style to be followed then. The trailer for the sequel looks like a cheap knock-off and the music might also suggest as that. Hope I am proven wrong.

didn't like the music of Sin City 2, a couple of jazz moments, lots of gritty stuff and the typical action / suspense rhythms without a single moment of melody or theme. Plus it hasn't got a soul. Speaking of directors who compose, John Carpenter wasn't the greatest, but he at least he gave the movie a soul and a theme to hang on to.

Bah **
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh