• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS TO RELEASE
    SNOWPIERCER SOUNDTRACK

Featuring Original Music By Marco Beltrami

(July 10, 2014– Los Angeles, CA) – Varèse Sarabande Records will release SNOWPIERCER – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack digitally and on CD July 22nd. The soundtrack features original score composed by Marco Beltrami (THE WOLVERINE, WORLD WAR Z).

“Although the film is set in the future, it's also sort of backwards in some respects,” said Beltrami. “The film's a mix of certain scenes which are more synthetically achieved and processed, and sounds that might be acoustically based but are really electronic, and then some things that are more classical sounding.”

Award winning composer Marco Beltrami established an early reputation as a genre innovator with non-traditional horror scores for the Scream franchise and DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK. Beltrami’s musical palette has since expanded to virtually all film genres. Beltrami has received two Academy Award nominations for Best Score. First, for 3:10 TO YUMA, starring Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, and shortly after for his score to the Academy award winning film for Best Picture, THE HURT LOCKER. Beltrami received a Golden Satellite Award in 2011 for Best Film Score of The Year for SOUL SURFER.

His recent projects include THE WOLVERINE, TROUBLE WITH THE CURVE, THE SESSIONS, A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, and WARM BODIES. Beltrami has lent his musical voice to such unique hit films AS LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, TERMINATOR 3: RISE OF THE MACHINES, and I, ROBOT. Other scoring credits include THE WOMAN IN BLACK, THE THING, and DEADFALL. Most recently, Beltrami created the nail-biting score to WORLD WAR Z and the AMC spy thriller TURN. Other upcoming projects include THE GIVER starring Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges, and THE HOMESMAN, directed by Tommy Lee Jones. THE HOMESMAN marks the third collaboration between Beltrami and Jones, who have also worked together on SUNSET LIMITED and THE THREE BURIALS OF MELQUIADES ESTRADA.

It’s been 17 years since we froze the earth. The few remaining humans live on the Snowpiercer, a train on an infinite loop around the globe. For those at the front, it’s a lavish paradise of drugs and sushi in the lap of luxury; for those trapped in the tail section, life is short and cruel.

But change is in the air. Curtis (Chris Evans), desperate to escape the tail of the train, plans an uprising, aided by his mentor Gilliam (John Hurt). What begins as an isolated riot explodes into a mass revolution, an all-or-nothing push to go to the front of the train, and a war for humanity’s future. Who will live and who will die? How far can they go? Is there hope beyond the frozen wastes?

“I created three basic themes for SNOWPIERCER, “said Beltrami. “The first was the perpetual motion theme that I had to figure out early. The second was a theme to represent the frozen world outside the train; a world that was foreign to the people on the train, yet also familiar to them like the remembrance of a past memory. The third was based on the emotional substance of the characters, which to me, was represented by Yona. This became Yona's theme, which is woven throughout the film. Every cue was guided by these three themes.”

Radius-TWC presents SNOWPIERCER. The SNOWPIERCER - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack from Varèse Sarabande Records will be available digitally and on CD July 22, 2014.

###
    For more information contact: cinemediapromo@yahoo.com or @cinemediapromo on Twitter

ABOUT VARÈSE SARABANDE RECORDS
    Founded in 1978, Varèse Sarabande is the industry leading independent soundtrack record label releasing the highest profile film music from the world’s greatest composers. From current box office hits and top television series to classics from Hollywood’s Golden Age, Varèse Sarabande’s 35-year catalog includes new soundtracks and newly recorded albums from practically every composer in the history of film, including Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrmann, Alex North, Elmer Bernstein, Danny Elfman, Michael Giacchino, Mark Isham, John Powell, Alan Silvestri, Brian Tyler, Christopher Young and Hans Zimmer.

Varèse Sarabande spotlights the best from the past with the Varèse CD Club and Varèse Vintage imprint. The Varèse CD Club releases previously out-of-print soundtrack titles and expanded edition packages put together with an eye for the film music collector.

Varèse Vintage Records specializes in releasing new albums by classic pop, jazz and country artists such as Trevor Rabin, Keith Emerson, Dwight Twilley, Ed Bruce and Billy Cobham, In addition, the label has a long history of reissuing great pop and soundtrack albums such as Flash Harry by Harry Nilsson, The Everly Brothers’ Songs Our Daddy Taught Us, The Family Way soundtrack by Paul McCartney, Porky’s Revenge, featuring music by Dave Edmunds, Jeff Beck, and George Harrison, among others.

Varèse Sarabande continues the tradition they started by hosting and producing worldwide concerts celebrating film music with orchestras all over the world. Past gala events include the official Abbey Road Studios 80th Anniversary concert in London, the Universal Pictures 100th Anniversary concert in Tenerife, and a series of tribute programs to composers Jerry Goldsmith, Alex North, Bernard Herrmann, Alan Silvestri, Patrick Doyle, Elmer Bernstein, Henry Mancini and John Barry. To celebrate Varèse Sarabande's 35th Anniversary in 2013 there were a number of concerts worldwide, including in Macau (China), three concerts featuring the Golden State Pops Orchestra in San Pedro (CA), with additional events in PoznaƄ (Poland) and Tenerife (Spain).

Varèse Sarabande Records is distributed by Universal Music Group, the largest music distributor in the world. The Varèse CD Club accepts direct orders at www.varesesarabande.com.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014
    Couldn't get into this one on the first listen. Need more time.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2014
    Tom, see the film; although it's chaotic and not really good, still it makes you appreciate the score alot.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2014
    Your right I'm sure. I find myself having to do that more and more because when I listen to them and try and understand it makes no sense to me at all.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!